Solidarity - Straightening up

Tonight, I spent an hour or so straightening the frame and doing some final welding of joints.

I clamped the tack-welded frame vertically onto a 1 1/2" square steel tube, and horizontally, I clamped a 2x4 to the other side. That created a section of the frame where the two crossed that was pretty flat, so I welded all the joints around that point. Then, by moving the horizontal or vertical tubes, I could flatten up other parts and weld those. It's amazing how well this worked!! It was off-plane in some places by almost a half inch, and now it is VERY flat.

All was going swimmingly until I ran out of welding wire!! :P I'll pick some more up tomorrow.